Christmas might be the season of giving, but let’s be honest: it’s really nice to receive gifts, too. And you may have made a list to Santa but, somehow many of those items didn’t make it down the chimney on Christmas Eve.
Don’t fret. With January just underway, there’s still plenty of time to get yourself what you wanted for Christmas at a huge discount! While the bulk of post-Christmas sales tend to fall between December 26 and New Year’s Eve, many carry over into late January.
Here are the best items to keep an eye on after the holiday season is over.
There are plenty of deals that shoppers find during Boxing Week and beyond, and clothing is one of them. Clothing sales are usually the highest during the holiday season and throughout the early weeks of the new year. In fact, last year more than half of last-minute, post-holiday deals were on clothing and accessories.
Be sure to keep an eye out for major discounts and clothing clearances, you may even find items that were not available during the busy shopping season. All clothing, in general, can experience even deeper discounts once the season is over.
Nobody’s putting up their Christmas tree or holiday decor after December 25. Instead, they’re getting ready to take them all down. As such, holiday decorations aren’t really in high demand during the early weeks of January. And when demand dwindles, sales heat up!
While you might not have any use for holiday decor for another 11 months, there’s nothing wrong with stocking up on deeply-discounted ornaments today. You can save a bundle of money and be ready for the next holiday season.
Every year the biggest New Year’s Resolution that people make is to get into shape. While these resolutions might not last beyond January 7th, people have the best of intentions when they make them. Getting into shape means eating right and exercising, and in terms of the latter, retailers try to help us achieve these goals.
Fitness equipment is a very popular purchase during the holidays as Christmas gifts, and when the holiday shoppers start to fade, that’s when the sales and great deals start to come out. Considering how expensive fitness equipment can be, even 20% off can translate into a few hundred dollars in savings.
While video games can be expensive items when paying full price, they typically see major discounts in January. Last year, almost half of all the top deals on consumer goods were on popular video games, including the Xbox One X bundle, Fallout z4, and other users gaming consoles.
Televisions, stereo systems, desktop computers, laptops, and mobile devices are extremely expensive items, so it’s always nice to save a few bucks when favorite items like these go on sale. Make sure to keep a close eye on gadgets and devices because there may be plenty of deals that pop up.
What Were the Top 2018 Holiday Gifts?
You might have had your own unique wish list, but what were the most popular holiday gifts in 2018? Here’s a hint: you can get many of them on eBay for a deep discount compared with what you’d pay in a store. And with an eBay coupon, your savings can be even greater!
Here are the top gifts from the 2018 holiday season, in no particular order.
The following were the top gifts for the 2018 holiday season:
- Jabra Elite Wireless Sport Earbuds. All those wires hanging from your earbuds can easily get tangled or caught in something, especially when you’re trying to exercise with them in your ears. These wireless earbuds offer to eliminate that issue and were quite popular during the past gift-giving season.
- Xbox One X Robot White Special Edition 1TB – Fallout 76 Bundle. Gaming consoles have been hot gift products for decades and will probably remain a popular gift product over the long haul. In 2018, the Xbox One X Robot was a popular product for kids, teens, and adults users alike.
- Nest Learning Thermostat. The convenience of being able to adjust the temperature in your home from wherever you happen to be can’t be argued, and customers who love this convenience and the ability to save energy—and money—can take advantage of this technology with Nest’s Learning Thermostat.
- Canon EOS R Mirrorless Digital Camera. While snapping high-quality photos with smartphones is still extremely popular, there’s no substituting the images you get from a high-quality camera. The Canon EOS R digital camera was one of the more popular technological products that were gifted in 2018.
Home tools and appliances
Savvy gadgets are always being created to make the life of a homeowner easier. Here are the top gifts of 2018 in the category of tools and appliances for the home.
- Bissell Powerforce Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner. While not the most romantic gift, this vacuum cleaner can certainly come be one of the eligible items when cleaning the carpets and floors is in order.
- BBQ Set 19pc Stainless Steel Utensils Accessories Outdoor Barbecue Grill Cooking. The perfect gift for the grill enthusiast, this barbeque utensil kit was a huge hit in 2018 for gift giving.
- Dyson Am09 Hot and Cool Heater and Fan. Dyson has certainly made a name for itself in the vacuum cleaning department, but the brand has easily expanded into other realms, including heating and cooling spaces in a home.
- Milwaukee Combo Tool Kit. Every household needs a miscellaneous toolkit, and this particular combo kit was a popular gift for the 2018 holiday season.
Clothing and accessories are always popular gifts for the holidays, and the following items topped the list in 2018.
- Michael Kors Leather Sleeve for Apple MacBook and iPad. You can’t go wrong with a Michael Kors gift, and many people received this handy MacBook and iPad sleeve as a gift over the 2018 holiday season.
- Men’s Nike Club gym Athletic Swoosh Hoodie. Classic, stylish, and comfortable, Nike’s men’s athletic hoodie was graciously accepted by plenty of gift receivers this past holiday season.
- Citizen Eco Drive Blue Angels Chronograph Men’s Watch. You can’t go wrong with giving that special someone a watch for Christmas, and the Citizen Eco Drive Blue Angels watch proved to be highly sought-after among gift givers.
- Quay Women’s Gradient Needing Fame Sunglasses. Rose gold has been an incredibly popular color in accessories, and these aviator-style sunglasses encompass this color with style. With their high-quality frames and lenses, these sunglasses made a great gift idea this past holiday season.
Just because you didn’t get everything on your Christmas wish list doesn’t mean you can’t gift yourself! In fact, right after Christmas is probably the best time of year to shop and take advantage of major discounts and savings. And when you’re armed with an eBay coupon, on top of the discounts you’ll see this year, you can save a bundle with the coupon code and purchase exactly what you want! Happy shopping!